A mental condition where people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, and a lack of empathy for others. This personality disorder causes problems in various areas of life and people with this disorder may be generally unhappy or disappointed when they are not given special favours or the attention they believe they deserve.
- An inability or unwillingness to recognise the needs and feelings of others;
- Monopolising conversations
- Belittling or looking down on people they perceive as inferior
- Exaggerating achievements and talents
- Behaving in an arrogant manner
- Expecting special favours and unquestioning compliance with their expectations.
People who have narcissistic personality disorder have a hard time accepting anything they perceive as criticism and can become impatient or angry when they don’t receive special treatment or have significant interpersonal problems.